Friday, December 3, 2010

what do you see

i don't have to forgive anyone, i don't
but don't want to forgive anyone; not at all
i might've forgiven them, had it been an accident
but i won't forgive them; because it wasn't

was discriminating against someone for being bi an accident, or
is making fun of someone's appearance a mistake?
was calling someone a multitude of names something to be taken lightly, and
is it fair to hate them for what they've done?

was it fair when they pulled my hair and hit me,
when they grabbed my wrists and bruised me?
was it fair when they ran from me? when they yelled at me?
when they threw food at me and trapped me?

can you blame me for hating the people around me,
or for constantly blocking out the world with my music?
can you hate me for hiding away in the library,
or for wanting nothing to do with anything?

is it so hard to notice the purple under my eyes,
or the red above them?
is it impossible to see the pink on my cheeks,
or have i become invisible?

the person you can see is not the real me,
just a poorly maintained facade.
the person inside has locked all the doors,
just trying to hide from the world.

you don't care about her, though;
what do you see when you look at me?
you only care about yourselves, right;
what do you see when you look in the mirror?

No comments:

Post a Comment